With diversity in the workplace ever growing in importance, having systems in place that recognises individuals who are changing industries standards is important to create further change.
The Women in Industry Awards recognises outstanding women from across the oil and gas, mining, engineering, manufacturing, road transport, logistics, infrastructure, rail, bulk handling and waste industries, in a movement to diversify traditionally male-dominated industries.
Nominations are open in the following categories:
- Social Leader of the Year: Recognising an individual who has significantly affected positive change within their local or regional community.
- Rising Star of the Year: Recognising an individual who has shown significant promise within their chosen industry or who has reached new goals at the start of their career.
- Business Development Manager of the Year: Recognising an individual who has created new growth opportunities that has allowed their organisation to expand and generate greater revenue.
- Industry Advocacy Award: Recognising an individual who has helped shape a positive view of their industry and/or helped to create a policy change that benefits those working in the sector.
- Safety Advocacy Award: Recognising an individual working actively to improve safety for their industry.
- Mentor of the Year: Recognising an individual who has demonstrated a commitment to developing female talent within their organisation or wider industry.
- Excellence in Manufacturing: Recognising an individual who has thought ‘outside the box’ to implement an outstanding personal contribution to their manufacturing business and the wider manufacturing community.
- Excellence in Mining: Recognising an individual who has made a positive contribution to one of the many facets of the mining industry.
- Excellence in Engineering: Recognising an individual who has shown leadership in engineering, technological excellence and innovation.
- Excellence in Transport: Recognising an individual who has gone above and beyond to improve and positively impact the Australian transport industry.
- Excellence in Construction: Recognising an individual who has made a positive contribution to one of the many facets of the construction industry.
- Woman of the year: All category winners are automatically finalists for the Woman of the Year category.
This event is a key opportunity to recognise the women who are changing these industries and in doing so, breaking down barriers and paving the way for future generations.
It is free to submit a nomination, and an individual can be nominated in up to three separate categories, nominations can be done here until 11:59pm Wednesday, July 13, 2022.
Awards are proudly supported by sponsors Atlas Copco Compressors, Weir Minerals and Komatsu.