Ms Yujnovich, Chairman of Shell Australia, has more than 25 years’ experience in the international resources industry, and holds a Bachelor of Engineering from the University of Western Australia and an MBA from the University of Utah.
Ms Yujnovich is the first woman elected as Chair of the APPEA Board.
Mr Abbott is the Senior Vice President, Corporate and Legal from Woodside Energy and has spent 10 years in senior leadership roles in the oil and gas industry.
Outgoing Chair, Managing Director of Vermilion Oil and Gas Australia Bruce Lake, who served three years as Chair, congratulated Ms Yujnovich and Mr Abbott.
“The role has certainly been challenging, but it has also been rewarding,”? said Mr Lake.
“I am pleased that I will remain a member of the APPEA Board. I have no doubt that Zoe and Michael will be successful in leading APPEA into the future.”?
Ms Yujnovich said she was honoured that the Board had elected her as Chair.
“Growth in Australia’s oil and gas industry has been an important driver in the Australian economy for decades,”? said Ms Yujnovich.
“It is an honour to represent an industry that makes a huge economic contribution across the nation. Oil and gas workers are dotted across the country from the Darling Downs to Gippsland, from the Cooper Basin to the Pilbara.
“But if we are to continue to employ hard-working Australians we must attract both domestic and foreign investment – and that means the industry has to be more cost-competitive in an environment in which the oil price will remain lower for longer.”?
Ms Yujnovich paid credit to Mr Lake and outgoing Vice Chair Richard Owen, saying they had provided excellent leadership at a time when the industry faced headwinds from lower commodity prices.
Following the Annual General Meeting election, the Association’s Directors are as follows:
- Zoe Yujnovich (Chair) – Shell Australia
- Michael Abbott (Vice Chair) – Woodside Energy
- Frank Calabria – Origin Energy
- Brett Darley – Quadrant Energy
- Ian Davies – Senex Energy
- Ernie Delfos – Eni Australia
- Peter Fairclough – Chevron Australia
- Claire Fitzpatrick – BP Developments Australia
- Seiya Ito – INPEX
- Wendy King – ConocoPhillips Australia
- Bruce Lake – Vermilion Oil and Gas Australia
- Richard Owen – ExxonMobil Affiliates in Australia
- Graham Salmond – BHP Billiton Petroleum
- Eric Streitberg – Buru Energy
- Petter Undem – Total E&P Australia
- Brett Woods – Santos Limited