Oil and Gas News

Lockyer poised for testing operations

Cervantes-1 well is located in the Perth basin

Norwest Energy has reported progress on the Lockyer Deep-1 well after the cement bond log and vertical seismic profile were acquired in late December. 

The cement bond log confirmed that the remedial cementing operations have achieved a satisfactory cement job, in line with the company’s expectations. 

The test tree has now been installed on the wellhead and perforating guns have been procured. 

Norwest intends to perforate the well in preparation for well testing operations, which will be undertaken once the well test equipment package is available. 

Norwest said the precise timing of the testing operations remains to be confirmed, subject to securing the necessary equipment and personnel. 

The company also stated that Western Australia border controls were presenting a challenge to access in these respects, but operator and joint venture partner Energy Resources is targeting commencement of operations before the end of February. 

Energy Resources is operator of Lockyer Deep with 80 per cent interest in the gas discovery, with Norwest holding the remaining 20 per cent. 

Norwest will provide a further operational update as soon as feasible. 

JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER

JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Close