Australia, Basin review, Carnarvon Basin, Features, Gas, LNG, Location, Markets, Newsletter, Projects, Tenders

McDermott releases Scarborough tenders

The project is aiming to develop the Scarborough gas resource, located in the Carnarvon Basin, through new offshore facilities, including a 430 km pipeline to transport gas to the existing onshore Pluto LNG facility on the Burrup Peninsula.

In January, Woodside awarded the front end engineering design (FEED) work to McDermott, Subsea Integration Alliance, Saipem Australia and Intecsea.

The latest tenders, for the construction of Scarborough’s floating production unit (FPU), include:

  • lean methanol and glycol injection pumps package
  • gas turbine – main power generator packages, including waste heater recovery unit
  • emergency and essential generators diesel engines package
  • living quarters subcontract.

Tenders for the pumps package close on 6 June 2019, while the remaining three have a deadline of 11 June 2019.

In May, SNC-Lavalin was awarded two Scarborough contracts to provide FEED support for the semi-submersible hull and mooring, model testing scoping and supervision, and ancillary scopes for the development’s FPU.

Woodside operates the venture with a 75 per cent interest, while BP holds the remaining 25 per cent.

For more information visit the ICN Gateway website.

If you have tenders you would like featured in Gas Today contact Assistant Editor David Convery at

Leave a Reply