Australia, Basin review, Drilling, Drilling and exploration, Gas, Location, Markets, News, Newsletter, Offshore, Otway Basin, Projects

New gas for Otway Basin

Operated by Beach Energy, the Dombey-1DW1 exploration well has identified a gross gas column of 44.5 m with an estimated net pay thickness of 25 m in its primary target, the Pretty Hill Formation.

The identification includes an interpreted gas-water contact in the reservoir and a gas sample analysis indicating a low inert content.

Joint venture partner Cooper Energy said this initial data is encouraging; however, formation evaluation at Dombey 1DW1 is ongoing and further testing and analysis will be required to establish commerciality.

The Dombey1DW1 well is being drilled with the assistance of a $6.9 million PACE grant from the SA Government and has currently reached 3,384 m.

Cooper Energy has a 30 per cent interest in PEL 494 while Beach holds the remaining 70 per cent.

For more information visit the Cooper Energy website.

If you have project news you would like featured in Gas Today contact Managing Editor David Convery at dconvery@gs-press.com.au

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

©2019 All Rights Reserved. Oil & Gas is a registered trademark of Prime Creative Media.