Test your knowledge of the oil and gas industry with our new weekly Wednesday quiz.
- What does RET stand for?
- What is the National Offshore Petroleum Safety and Environmental Management Authority?
- How much did Buru Energy raise from investors and a share purchase plan recently?
- Which project commenced gas production this week?
- What country did Australia sign an agreement with to explore hydrogen?
- Where is the Leigh Creek Energy Project located?
- Who is Armour Energy’s new chief commercial officer?
- Where and what year was Santos’ first significant discovery of natural gas?
The answers to the questions are listed below.
- RET stands for renewable energy target.
2. NOPSEMA is Australia’s independent offshore energy regulator. Its role is also to assess risk management plans, inspects to monitor compliance, investigates to verify and learn from non-compliance, takes enforcement action to correct and deter non-compliance and promotes and advises with the objective of fostering continuous improvement in industry performance.
3. Buru Energy has raised $16 million from investors and a share purchase plan (SPP) to fund its 2021 Canning Basin drilling program in Western Australia.
4. Central Petroleum has commenced gas production at the Range pilot project in Queensland after drilling three wells and commissioning its surface facilities.
5. Australia and Germany will invest in a series of new initiatives to accelerate the development of a hydrogen industry, creating new economic opportunities and jobs while reducing emissions.
6. The Leigh Creek Energy Project is located 550km north of the capital city of Adelaide in the state of South Australia.
7. Mark Greenwood has been appointed chief commercial officer of Armour Energy.
8. Santos made its first significant discovery of natural gas in the Cooper Basin with the Gidgealpa 2 well in 1963.