Test your knowledge of the oil and gas industry with our new weekly Wednesday quiz.
- Which company recently secured a $50 million placement?
- What does plugged and abandoned mean?
- Who is the CEO and managing director of Origin Energy?
- What percentage does Pilot Energy hold in WA-503-P, offshore North Perth Basin?
- Who established Beach Energy and when?
- Where was the name of the first well Beach Energy drilled?
- Who is the new Deputy Prime Minister of Australia?
- When did APA Group acquire the Orbost Gas Plant?
Answers to the questions are listed below.
- Warrego Energy.
2. When all the reservoir and high-pressure zones in a well are sealed with cement so that no fluid can escape.
3. Frank Calabria.
4. 80 per cent working interest and operator.
5. Beach Energy was established in the early 1960s by the late Dr. Reg Sprig.
6. The first well, Grange-1, was drilled at the site of what today is the Grange Golf Course, near the Adelaide metropolitan beaches.
7. Barnaby Joyce.
8. APA Group acquired the existing Orbost Gas Plant on November 1, 2017.