Australia, News, Oil and Gas News, Perth Basin

Triangle launches Cliff Head campaign to boost production

Triangle Energy has commenced a work campaign at the Cliff Head oil field in the Perth Basin, Western Australia, following the arrival of the hydraulic workover unit from Fremantle on Sunday.

The Cliff Head 6 and Cliff Head 7 workover campaign will see the electric submersible pump system on both wells replaced, enabling production from these wells to be restarted by the end of 2020.

Successful completion of this work will see Cliff Head 6 and 7 return the operation’s production to around 400 barrels of oil per day, taking total production to approximately 1000 barrels of oil per day.

This comes after the Cliff Head 6 and 7 wells were shut in June this year due to an electrical submersible pump failure.

Triangle managing director Rob Towner credits the work completed by the company’s team and joint venture partner Royal Energy for positioning the project to execute this complex program of works.

“Executing both workovers side by side is a significant opportunity for the company,” Towner said.

“Not only will we maximise operational efficiency through a streamlined work program, we will bring forward production from both wells sooner than would have been the case if we’d executed both workovers separately.”

Triangle has been the registered operator of the Cliff Head asset since July 2018 and holds 78.75 per cent interest in the project, with Royal Energy holding the remaining 21.25 per cent interest.

The project is 12 kilometres off the coast of Dongara with the oil field covering 6km2 within the Commonwealth exploration permit-286-P zone.

The Cliff Head facilities are the only offshore and operating onshore infrastructure within the Perth Basin.

©2019 All Rights Reserved. Oil & Gas is a registered trademark of Prime Creative Media.