Oil and Gas News

Walyering well tests commence

Walyering-5 gas presence

Mobilisation for the Walyering-5 well test is underway, with well testing personnel now in Western Australia under COVID-19 protocols. 

All equipment and personnel are expected to be free to work by the last week of February, when testing will begin shortly after. 

Each of the four reservoirs in the Jurassic Cattamarra Coal Measure will be tested individually for several days before a commingled test of all horizons. 

The testing program will support the understanding of the pressure dynamics between the sands and the potential contribution from each zone. 

The testing program will take between 15 and 20 days to complete. 

Positive results have already been received from core laboratory testing in the Walyering-5 a-sand core plugs. 

Strike has also secured the long lead items for the drilling of Walyering-6, which includes the provision of a rig slot on the Ensign 970 rig in Strike’s forward program. 

Engineering, approvals and regulatory submissions for the Walyering gas field development are well underway. 

The principles for the Walyering gas field development include the 5 and 6 wells, and exports to WA industrial domestic gas market via APA Group and the Parmelia Gas Pipeline. 

Strike holds a 55 per cent operating interest in the Walyering gas development while Talon Energy holds the remaining 45 per cent. 

Subscribe to Oil & Gas Today for the latest industry news.

JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER

JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Close