CSG, Drilling and exploration, Gas, Markets, Newsletter, Onshore, Projects, Unconventional

Well drilling approved at Reid’s Dome Gas Project

Considered prospective for both conventional and CSG operations, the Reid’s Dome project is operated by State Gas and located approximately 50 km from the Queensland Gas Pipeline.

State Gas now plans to drill the Nyanda-4 well in order to test for gas targets following research indicating the area may contain significant gas quantities due to the presence of Permian coal seams and positive pressure maintenance.

The well will be located approximately 13.5 km south of the Primero West-1 well and will have a planned total depth of 1,000 m.

In the event of successful evaluation, State Gas may acquire additional seismic data ahead of the drilling of pilot and appraisal wells.

State Gas holds a 60 per cent interest in the project while Victoria Petroleum owns the remaining 40 per cent.

For more information visit the State Gas website.

If you have company news you would like featured in Gas Today contact Assistant Editor David Convery at dconvery@gs-press.com.au

Leave a Reply